View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So I made it through another day at work. By 5 p.m. my face was screaming.

Then I went to the hairdresser. How come they are the ones we cry with? (like a bartender I guess, we spill out all of our troubles). So I sat there in a high-end salon surrounded by babelicious blonds, bawling my eyes out with my hairdresser (the owner) just hugging me and trying to cut my hair through his own tears.

Because we are still investigating the possibility of another neuroma in my brain, things are still a bit up in the air as to what pain modalities will be considered. So in the meantime, I'm on the Lyrica (75mg now, bumping to 150mg on the 25th).

And I'm scared. Have already had brain surgery. I know what it's like. What scares me though, is the possibility that a brain surgery may not fix this: like: this is what your'e STUCK WITH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Nice. Let me check out then.

JUST.FIX.IT.

Tried the heat instead of ice: it just ticked my face off so I guess I'll go back to ice. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I saw BassetCase's (love the name!) post and upon first scan, I thought: oh, Basset's recommendation I shove my head into the microwave...funny, on first thought that almost made sense. So I must be losing my mind.

OK so my big task today has been to try and find something GOOD about this. Here's what I came up with: I come from a huge family. So does my husband. Usually XMAS is at my house. Last year I did 2 dinners back to back, 3 x 30+ lb turkeys, and 46 people at the first dinner, 34 at the second. So what's the good thing? I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THAT THIS YEAR! My family has decided to cut me a break and I get to just show up at my sister's house. My previous "dream XMAS" would have been to be told to bring the buns and butter. This year I don't have to bring anything. woo hoo

That, for sure, will get lots of people on the list wanting a little TN to avoid the duties of the holiday season.

I guess what I need right now is a black+white success story. Not one where someone manages their pain...but an out-and-out FIX to this Monster. I could hang on to that for dear life...just one story would be fab.....

Oh and just one other thing, Santa: can you take the axe out of my cheek?

Cat
NanaCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (12-23-2008)