View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Argh....

I just wanted to let you all know that I went to my appointment with the Gynecologist and it was very frustrating. I told him that I want everything taken out because I have nothing but problems. Then, he went on and on about the consequences of losing ovaries. Mood swings, menopause, dry skin...the whole works. Basically I felt like he was trying to talk me out of it. I told him that I understood all of that and I still want to remove my ovaries. As far as my cervix goes, I am considering leaving it in. The pelvic support that it provides is very important.

I think the thing that gets me the most is that I can't have the surgery done until January 5th. What I am experiencing is not an emergency according to them. It is an elective procedure. I asked what exactly would make it an emergency. The answer was if I lost a lot of blood or my abdomen became distended, hard, painful on both sides of my abdomen and inability to have a bowel movement. I am not happy with the medical system right now. What ever happened to treating the patient and helping them feel better??? I feel like I have a little bomb inside of my body and I am just stuck here waiting for it to blow.

Oh, as far as my fever of 102 is concerned, my urine showed a UTI. He put me on antibiotics for that. He also told me to stay on top of the pain and take the Percoset as prescribed...never mind the fact that I feel like a dead headed zombie!

Well, that's all for now. TTYL,

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote