Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Help!

Even though I'm a probation officer, and deal with family issues all the time, I am really hurting big time with my alcoholic sister.
She is disabled and unemployed. She's 54 and I'm 59. She sits at home and drinks 7 days a week. She is bitter and angry. She has attended to my alcoholic mother and finally told her off in a very abusive way and has left to me totally attend to her. My mother was, is very ill and, if it wasn't for the fact that she is my Mother, I wouldn't have anything to do with her. But, she's in a nursing home and needs my help. So, I do what I can. My sister, two years ago, in a drunken stuper told me off, my wife, my children and wished me dead. I coulnd't believe it. I have never talked that way to her in my entire life. I would never use that language to her or my Mother.
The other day, my mother fell, and I had to bring her to the hospital. I still felt that my sister's family should be aware of "our" mother's current status.
I told her son, my nephew. He was glad to her about grandma. Last evening, I received an email from my sister blasting me for using her son to tell her about our mother. I was in a no win situation. If I didn't inform...I would have heard about it, and by informing, I also got the email that I am my Mother's son and that she hated me and wished me dead again.
Honest to God, I am in such shock and hurt. I won't respond to this email. I was going to email her today, but when I got that response, I just realize that I am dealing with an ill person.
My oldest son just got married, my sister was his favorite Aunt, and she blew off his wedding. It hurt so bad. I just can't come to grips with this surreal behavior. Her enabling husband is so kind, but so weak...he just keeps his mouth shut. I am devistated.