View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffheart View Post
I don't want to push the subject further, but you can't go to one or two N/A meetings and say that you don't like it. Everybody says that they thought it was stupid or that they didn't need it, until they started to go more meetings. I have never heard anything bad about it, so I think you should stick with it for awhile, then decide.

However, I am glad that you decided to change your life, because you are worth it. Nobody deserves an addiction, but those who have one deserve Recovery. It will be hard, especially on your own, but it is worth it
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I have been to many A.A meeting because i had once had a problem with alcohol. Plus my dad has been sober for 23years. I'm not saying everyone in A.A or N.A are like this but i think that there is ALOT of one sided people there, i think alot of them are hyper sensitive to alot of issues, and there tactics are outdated and i can not deal with alot of people like that. Maybe satistic are low for a reason. They look at satistics instead of looking at someone as indivisule and asking the right questions and i can not deal with that also. There alot of other issues but i don't have the time to write them all.

I do have to say about 50% of theres teaching i still use today so by any means i am not dissing the program just think it neads to be more open, ask more questions, stop being judgemental and sterotypical, ect.. If your reply is " most people are not like that just keep looking in the program", no disrespect but your fooling yourself. Like i said my dad and alot of other family members have been in the program for a long time so.......

I was more depressed in the program than out when i was trying to quit drinking, and now i am a social drinker more on holidays thats it. ANd A.A said i could'nt be that. HA