Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Hi everybody,
I have been injecting Copaxone for just about 3 wks. now.
The first 2 weeks were okay...but this third week, I have lumps at injections sites after about a day and a half...then they start itching.
I have one on my thigh from Sunday that actually is swollen, red and warm.

Is this normal? the nurse at Shared Solutions told me that itching and small lumps are normal, but they really really itch, and are discolored.

Any info would be appreciated...
yeah, it's normal.

Are you using the autoject? Sometimes the site reactions are worse with the autoject. Can you manually inject...you can control the speed of the injection better if you do it manually. Plus, Copaxone is a skin irritant, and when using the autoject, sometimes it'll leak onto your skin during the injection, and that could be what's causing the itching.

Also, are you letting the alcohol from the wipees dry before you inject? If you get alcohol into the injection, that can make it hurt more.

I quit using the autoject and started to do them manually when I kept getting horrible site reactions that would get so itchy or would hurt so bad and the reaction sites wouldnt heal for over a week. The area of painful itchiness would lbe so large that it would make it really hard to rotate sites and inject every day. So, I started to do it manually, and it's a lot easier now and I dont have hugenormous site reactions anymore.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote