View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Don't feel bad for feeling bad, Blondi! We all have those days, weeks, months. I guess I try really hard to stay positive because I don't want my kids to worry about me. I tend to downplay my sx to them.....what are they gonna do about it anyway? I suppose a lot of that is just the "Mom" in me.

Even though this stupid disease does get painful at times....and I've had my share of scary sx that have lasted months (double vision, numbness, etc.) I just try to look at whatever wee bit of positive I can find in the situation. I may have a numb right hand/arm but I've learned how to use my left hand! I had double vision for four months but I learned how to compensate for it (I got very creative!) and it taught me to be thankful for whatever vision I have....be it doubled or not! At least I could see something.

There are still days when I get down.....wonder what I've done to deserve not just this but the many challenges that have come along in my life.....but I snap out of that quickly because I just ask myself....."why not me?" Should it be someone else....who am I to say? I'm not an overly religious person but I am spiritual and I do believe with all my heart that God is looking out for me (I have proof!) and this is all part of a bigger plan.

Probably more of an answer than you were hoping for but it's how I deal with things. I hope you feel better soon....and don't beat yourself up for feeling bad. It's a natural human emotion. Sometimes we all need to throw a pity party and be the guest of honor.

Oh, and the steroids can do a real number on your emotions.....but it passes.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (12-23-2008), Blondi (12-23-2008), CayoKay (12-23-2008), Debbie D (12-24-2008), Gazelle (12-23-2008), Niko (12-23-2008), SallyC (12-23-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (12-23-2008)