View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hello and welcome!

Hello there! You have found a great site! I too had my thymectomy right after my diagnosis (less than a month after) and was scared out of my mind!

It is big surgery and it does hurt, but your prolly going to feel much better after it! It took about 6 weeks to recover - no driving, no carrying anything over 20 bls and sleeping sitting up, but it does get BETTER - much better!

Before my surgery and my diagnosis, I had a really rough time, but now I have days when I almost feel "normal" again!!!!

Hang in there and know you are not alone! Everyone here has been so kind and helpful! There is a lot of knowledge to be gained from everyone here!

It is going to be OK!!!!!!

If you need to talk anytime, let me know!!!!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel5 View Post
Yes, USMC_with_MG! You can definitely help me! I've just been diagnosed in Nov and had a CT scan 2 weeks ago. I just visited my neurologist today and he recommended that I have a sternotomy/thymectomy sooner than later (probably next month). Of course, this is not good news to me. All I can think about is that I am the mother of 3 young kids and want to be around to watch them grow. So, I know that this is a surgery I must have, but I am scared! Please share your experiences (anyone reading this message). Please let me know what I lies ahead for me.