View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
I am able to type. I have been a recruiter and am used to making over 100 calls a day. The fatigue and pain are my main complaints. If I can work from home, I can continue working. I can keep my feet up and reduce the stress level. Any further ideas. My next choice is to live with my 86 year old mom, I love her, but would be away from my children. My 17 year old would have to go back to live with their crazy dad. What do people do in this situation? My understanding of the disability time line is that you have to unemployed for a period, apply, wait for another period and possibly get approved. You then wait another two years for health care benefits. Does that sound about right everyone? Yuk
Do you have Long Term Disability (or even Short Term) through your employer? You generally have to apply for SSDI when you receive LTD (at least I did) but it can provide you with some sort of income while you're waiting for SSDI to be approved. I'm not sure what the rules are for Short Term Disability.

I used to have a link to a website for at-home work for the disabled.....I'm going to try and find it now. If I can locate it I'll post it here.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote