Thread: This is odd...
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know if we'd know. If anyone seems to be getting worse on it, they just said it's a treatment 'failure'. And I don't know if they ever broke the stats down in the trials to determine exactly how many people got better, how many people were stable and how many people worsened (beyond the placebo group). I would think if a portion of the participants in the trial suddenly began to get a lot worse, beyond what the worsening group of placebo patients did, that might have raised a red flag.

But then again, maybe that's why they only generalize the stats, so we don't know the answers to questions like this, if anyone actually got WORSE because of the drug, over and above what the worsenings in the placebo group were.

I sure hope we don't have a lot of people getting sicker here BECAUSE of the drug. On the opposite end though, if that were the case, then the drug is probably even more effective in the rest of the group, seeing as how their stats would be dragged down by those getting worse from the drug.
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote