View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thyectomy, where to go & who to see?

Well I have decided to start looking into a Thyectomy for my MG. I am 27 years old otherwise healthy male and I am tired of feeling so darn tired and figured I need to do something about this. I used to be in the gym 5 days a week and enjoyed my high levels of energy. Now I am so tired all the time I figure I need to do something about this. So I called the Mayo Clinic and unfortunately they are out of network for my insurance. The Thyectomy will only end up costing me around $3000 out of pocket since that is my 'out of pocket' max for my insurance even for out of network. My question is how important is it hat I go to the Mayo Clinic to have this done? There are plenty of Thorasic surgeons that are in network and it would be great to save $3000 dollars for my upcomming wedding or honeymoon if possible. That being said, I am not to eager to bargin shop for a surgeon (i.e., "Thyectomy, aisle 3!"=). Does any one want to chime in on how important the specific hospital is in the procedure? I have United Health Care
'ChoicePlus' and live in the Central Florida area.

Thanks again!

Regards,

John D.
dyerucf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote