View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sometimes in flares

Peg, with De sometimes in her flares, the touch is too much. I use a gentle pressure over the trigger point. Hot towels in a microwave, the hot tub with whirlpool, no pulsing. But the biggest help, and we are lucky to ahve Dr.Togut only 15 minutes away is his ability to do a trigger point in the trap area and neck to calm the nerve.
He uses Marcaine and a novacaine type med.....A huge life saver after a week of stiff neck. Just forgeting and turning towards a sound would send her to tears, or to look down for something that fell.

Once the nerve is calm and she can move her neck again, she can use some massage (not often, just too much for her), or the hottub.

I will never forget once she asked me to try the tens unit she ahd. I made a mistake and listened to her placement. Instead of on the traps, she wanted one towrd the neck base...oh, my gosh she screamed in pain and ripped them off. Too much stim directly over the inflamed nerve.

I feel when the nerve is this bad, the muscle is making a brace around it, the trick is to calm the nerve to relax the muscle. That is why I keep up on my trigger points.

IF you can touch the spots...the doc can mark them and give you a dose...The key one to help was not in De's neck, it was in the trap above the wing, for her.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote