View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sounds to me like you had a muscle biopsy?? Have you been diagnosed with mitochondrial myopathy? I too, had a muscle biopsy, however, mine was neurogenic myopathy, within a year, I tore a rotator cuff.

My rib cage is sore at the enthesis. That is where the rib joins the sternum and the rib joins the vertebrae. Those are ligaments.

Sacroilliac pain can be ligamentous as well.

I also have some heart changes, with bradycardia, and an enlarged left atrium.

Genetic polymorphisms in the CYP 2D6 enzyme can cause problems with drug metabolism. There is a chart, if you google cytochrome P450 flockhart, it will come up and you can see what drugs are in what enzyme family. Tricyclics, SSRIs and antipsychotics, one of which they are promoting for depression (Abilify) are in this category. I have spent 10 years studying this and what this has to do with disease. CYP 2D6 comes up in relationship to Spondylarthropathies, and also Parkinson's, however, a causal relationship has not been established.

One thing to consider, as you age, things do degenerate to some extent and abnormalities of some kinds are found in perfectly healthy people, however, YOU know if YOU are not feeling well.

Seronegative Disease is very difficult to find. There are lots of things out there...thousands of things, and really, I had to do most of my own research. I was lucky to be at an academic center with an interest in my case.

The Neuro.wustl site has much good info.

If I can help in any way, just PM me. I don't always check the forums. I am in the PN forum the most, as I said, I have a hunch, I may be adding a new category....whatever....I have peripheral neuropathy, sensory and autonomic, with some kind of connective tissue disorder that is quite painful and making my nails turn white and fall off (no they are not fungal).

Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (12-23-2008), warbelsnap (12-23-2008)