View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Cheryl,

The nerves that go down to the hand from the C-spine are the Median, Ulnar, and Radial. The median nerve is the one that causes the feeling of "carpal tunnel".

My hand always goes numb, and my arms get very weak & painful (spasticity??), whenever I am in a spinal lesion attack.

Here's more info, which will have to be copied into a word document to read because of the silly artwork that covers the words.

http://www.upstate.edu/cdb/grossanat/limbs2.shtml

I wonder though if yours is related to MS (spinal cord damage), because normally when my spinal lesions are acting up, I go numb from that point down . . . like when someone breaks their neck (only not complete paralysis, but same principle). That would be a severe attack anyway ....

I have had times when only my neck, back and arms hurt though too. It comes on like an attack, and leaves like one (2 - 12 weeks). . . so I believe this can occur with MS.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-08-2009), SallyC (12-23-2008), Taffy (12-24-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (12-23-2008), Twinkletoes (12-23-2008)