View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

They're not finding any lesions on my spinal column. Found two osteophytes, one at c3/4 and at t6/7. Carpal tunnel has been ruled out, twice. Yes, that was thought about at first because of my job.

No torn ligaments or rotator cuff damage, no arthritis, but there is a lot of inflammation right now and ice seems to be helping with the pain somewhat. Pain meds don't even touch it, ER doc says it's because it's pressure pain.

Radiculopathy has been mentioned along with nerve root damage but not what's causing either. No trauma and no recent injury. The mere fact that the steroids made me worse makes everyone suspicious of a damaged nerve somewhere and that's the reason for the nerve conduction testing...oh I hate that test!

Sure makes working impossible and I have a wedding to do Jan 2nd. Good thing I have good helpers. Bride and 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 2 grandmothers, 2 table center pieces to do not to mention all the boutonnieres. I am slowly learning to be left handed and doing things with one hand!

I just need to research thalamus lesions and pain now...I will get this all figured out pretty soon. I have to.
http://ms.about.com/od/glossary/g/thalamus.htm

I just learned something....or remembered something I forgot! Now I just need to dig out my MRIs and remind myself where my lesions are...or just wait for the new MRI which is probably easier!

Thanks for the info Cherie.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-23-2008), FinLady (12-24-2008), SallyC (12-23-2008), Taffy (12-24-2008), Twinkletoes (12-23-2008)