View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Both make good points.

Parkinson's needs to be seen as Types, not as a global disease. My PD is not the same as Paula's or Peggy's or Jaye's. I already know I am of the tremor dominate subset, but just what does that mean and how does it truly make me different from the those with sever dystonia, for example.

It is time for research to be "broken" into these subsets. And at the same time for clinical trial results to be reviewed not as global results, but as subsets. Why have I done so WELL with my CERE-120 trial, while others have not responded well or at all to the therapy. My results should not be dumped into the same bucket with all the other 61 patients, but reviewed with eagerness by the researchers.

Should not Phase III move forward, but not with just any patient who cares to join, but picking and choosing patients according to the actual results of Phase II. Do the research on patients who would be the best candidates for Phase III.

I hope this makes sense what I am trying to say.
Carolyn
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (12-24-2008), paula_w (12-24-2008)