View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It is quite uncommon for us to have fleeting sensations like you are describing.

Normally we will have an attack, as they've described, where several symptoms will last for days --> months. We may recover partially (are left with "permanent" symptoms), or most often (in the early years), we will recover fully. Then we can go many months or years without anything new.

Once we have "permanent damage", symptoms may stir up from certain triggers, like over-heating, stress, infection, etc. They can be more fleeting symptoms, but they don't usually last for only 15 seconds. Normally they will last until we remove the "trigger", but it still may take several hours before the symptoms let up completely.

There are about 100 differential dx for MS, listed towards the end of this article:

http://www.neurology.wisc.edu/public...bs/Neuro_2.pdf

Many meds and even some vitamin deficiencies (like vitamin B) can cause symptoms like you are describing.

Your symptoms are one's that we experience, and I understand why it would "seem" this could be MS (to you and your doctors). The "patterns" just aren't fitting at this point, and the tests aren't not talking . . . so for now they won't likely find the MS if it exists.

I wouldn't give up on trying to find out what's wrong, and it sounds like your doctors are extremely thorough in trying to get to the bottom of it. It sounds like you are in very good hands!!

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
ru2l8 (12-25-2008)