View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

mrsD: I really like Dr. Sahelian's info.

I'm new here but wanted to share this.

I recently went through a period of one traumatic event after another. (Grand baby died, lost 95,000 at IndyMac, etc. etc.)

I had such severe depression and anxiety that it just ate my brain. I was no longer just a little spacey like my normal self, my brain was totally scrambled and just did not work. It was so bad it was having an impact on my business and my MD wanted to send me for an MRI.

So anyway I started experimenting with lots of different brain supplements and finally found one that works for me.

Neuro Optimizer by Jarrow - Ingredients:

# Cognizin (CDP-Choline)
# Phosphatidyserine (PS)
# Acetyl L-Carnitine
# Alpha Lipoic Acid
# L-Glutamine
# Taurine + Folic Acid

Every supplement works for different people so not saying this would be the best for others. But when I forget to take it my brain goes back to mush so I def feel a difference. iHerb has a couple pages of reviews about it. That's where I research most products I buy, because they have so many reviews.

Warning, not sure if anyone else mentioned but if you take Acetyl L-Carnitine you need to be sure it also has Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Can't remember the problem but I've read warnings several places that ALC should not be taken alone.

Hope this helps someone else!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (12-27-2008)