View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Right now I'm taking care of some other medical testing. Then I plan to ask about a dietician. I just thought of that today. I also plan to ask the level.
I really wish I'd thought of that yesterday. I just didn't.

Donna
Don't beat yourself up. By the way, I'm the diabetic god (as Dorrie puts it). My name is Melody and I've learned a great deal about managing my diabetes. I never took it seriously, and I mean NEVER. I just didn't want to know.

Well, stupid me, it finally hit me that this is MY LIFE we are talking about. I have completely changed the way I look at food, I grow my own sprouts, and I eat them in my salads and soups. I learned much from the nuritionist.

Sprouts are MUCHO HEALTHY for us all!!!

I also just made my first SUGAR FREE APPLE PIE.

Never made an apple pie before. I just put it up on youtube.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPECQXhwpno

We have to watch our carb intake and I never go near anything processed. I stick to lean proteins, veggies, fish and complex carbs. I have just started to incorporate BEANS (which I sprout myself), into my diet. Never did that before because I thought it would kill my stomach.

Guess what used to kill my stomach? Metformin. I went off of it and started Lantus, (one shot a day). Best thing I ever did.

How is your weight? Don't mind the personal questions. That is what we do here. We try to help each other and we try to help each LIVE as long as we CAN!!

We learn to manage what we have to manage.

Don't get me wrong. Once a month, I'll make brownies.

Yesterday my sugar reading was 88 in the afternoon. I've been diabetic for 20 years.

Do you know what your A1c reading is? That's the three month average. Diabetics should know what their a1c readings are.

Don't worry. This takes time.

Just get a good handle on this and you'll be fine.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-26-2008)