View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel5 View Post
Thanks Erin and Deb. It is so comforting to know that there are others who have gone through this successfully. I'm slowly accepting that I must have this surgery. But the thought of having my chest cracked open is still a frightening thought!! I am thankful that I have a close knit group of family and friends who will support me through this ordeal. I keep telling myself that if you all can get through it, I can too! How were those days in the hospital? How did you feel when you first woke up after the surgery??
Nickel5, Sorry for taking so long to post. I had the same feelings as you before the procedure. Yes, it really does sound bad when the doctors want to open your chest and yes it does hurt but it is not that bad. Really, you will be able to walk a few days out of the hospital and the pain can be managed. When I first awoke from the surgery I really don't remember too much but I was on pain meds that I really did not feel a thing until the next day. But remember they will control your pain with meds just tell your providers. My week in the hospital was not bad except I don't really care for hospitals and it was hard to sleep with all of the monitoring by the providers. Keep the questions coming. I think in the latest person on the forum with a full Thymectomy (2+ weeks and counting)??
USMC_with_MG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote