View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kelley and Welcome,

I'm so sorry about your car accident and RSD.I also have full body RSD 12 years now. Wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. Sounds like you are already being given trouble with insurance company from your car..The law in most states gives a times limitation to file a lawsuit within 2 years of the accident or 2 years from when you should have known about the injury. Attorney's usually don't like to go oup against fellow friend attorneys. In the case of my mothers death, we went to the largest city about 100 miles away. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of time to file, should you choose to do so. Do you know of a major accident attorney, or major medical malpractice. Insurance companies have deep pockets for expert witnesses etc. no get the best firm you can get.Ask around,do you know anyone in the business,hospital, court system, court reporter, etc. My daughter is a court reporter, but only in arizona.Most firms take a case they think they can win on a percentage basis. We won 100 percent on my mothers case. We had video depositions done before her death, which was before the trial.

RSD has lifelong consequences with major medical bills, loss of income, help within the home, etc.Do you have medical records of your good health before the accident? Keep taking p;ictures. My left hand is crippled.It's kind of like a claw. I've had about 150 pt treatments and equal amount of massage therapy. Both sholders frozen. But at least I have use of arms and part use of left hand. I still swim and stretch and try my best to keep moving and not lock up. It's a painful struggle.

Please don't give up and support groups are wonderful to give and receive encouragement. You can learn so much If you've never been in a legal batle, it is very emotionally consumming. You seen a friend with experience where you live. A bad lawyer, can be a very costly mistake. A good attorney can make all the difference, Get a good RSD Dr.Pain Management Dr. Neurologist, Orthopedic Dr. Should you choose to proceed with a lawsuit, I wouldn't put an announcement in the paper! smilel How far is a larger city? Make sure there are no conflict of interests.

Take care, will you be able to walk again? Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote