View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default question

Hi Lady express, thanks so much for responding so fast to my long and convoluted post.

When you wrote about flare ups it sparked some questions for me. I read that an exacerbation has to last for 24 hrs before Drs will label it as that, is this true? So if your finger tingles, but only for a few hours, is it an actual flare up or something else? Does the symptom have to last solid w/o letting up for 24 hrs?

I can have a neuro symptom like my leg feeling chills, many times a day, and it can last for 4-6 days, then go away. Then it can come back a week later. Very weird.

I don't have problems sleeping, thank God, and I can't seem to find a trigger for them. Heat does not affect them, nor stress. I had a cold two weeks ago and nothing changed.

Thanks for your thoughts and Merry Christmas!!

[QUOTE=lady_express_44;433302]It is quite uncommon for us to have fleeting sensations like you are describing.

Normally we will have an attack, as they've described, where several symptoms will last for days --> months. We may recover partially (are left with "permanent" symptoms), or most often (in the early years), we will recover fully. Then we can go many months or years without anything new.

Once we have "permanent damage", symptoms may stir up from certain triggers, like over-heating, stress, infection, etc. They can be more fleeting symptoms, but they don't usually last for only 15 seconds. Normally they will last until we remove the "trigger", but it still may take several hours before the symptoms let up completely.

ru2l8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote