Thread: power chair
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks sally. the rep is bringing some over for me to test drive here at home, thru my yard etc... on Thursday. Originally he was bringing the permobil c300 corpus and quickie freestyle f11. but i emailed him today about not bringing the permobil, still bring freestyle but if possible bring the quantum 600 by pride. i don't know if he can or has one to bring. i just feel the permobil is too big, too large turning raduis (40in),

from talking to a friend that is also a DME provider he said the permobils are usually for more involved consumer's. and cautioned me that because they are rather big/tall it may not fit into a minivan. from ppl he knows that have a permobil they have full size vans. he recommended the Q300 or freestyle over the permobil more due to size, manuevability, and better turning radius with mid wheeled drive rather frontwheel drive as permobil has.

guess will see what the rep brings thursday. if i feel good about one he brings he will complete the sizing, options, etc.... in preparing to submit order to insurance for approval. if i don't like what he brings then i ask to see more i guess.

my insurance has a limited formulary for power chairs so really choices are the permobil c300 corpus, Q600, Freestyle, Pride 1121, two by sunrise that are rear wheeled drives. so not a large selection to choose from in the group I fall into which is Group 2. Group 3 is for more specialized options that i don't need at least at this point. <G>

i am just praying that the insurance approves the first submitted order/request and don't have to go thru more justification process if they deny. and imo if they deny first go around its more for them to prolong the process as its clear to my PCP, neuro, PT, rep and me there is no reason to deny what is being requested. I am not going to ask for options or stuff I don't need. just what i do need to continue independence at home, to continue working, etc....

gentle hugs
marfla