Thread: Sodium!!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Soo much salt!

A while ago my DH had to eliminate most fats, salts and sugars from his diet. It became in ways lots of work to eliminate those things from our diet but it's worked by plain old KEEPING IT SIMPLE. You get used to it so it's automatic.

Reading box ingredient labels was a more than eye opening experience...for example: do you know that Cheerios have MORE salts and sugars than Honey Bunches of Oats-by quite a bit? Going for the reduced or no-salt canned goods as in tomatoes or other veggies is a good route, also frozen plain veggies [I like the bags, so only use what's needed] help as well. Not adding salt [except for cooking pastas] until you are ready to eat is helpful as well. That way each person can add it to taste. Fresh foods in season, sauteed or stir fried, w/fresh herbs or spices added for zing can keep all the evil stuff down. Of course, there are times when a big splurge is OK, just not every day.
Does this help Aussie? I'm sure Melody will be along soon with her guidelines. All the best! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote