View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had a wonderful nights sleep and felt great today. We went to my daughters house and her hubbie cooked up the New York strip steaks that were in my Angel food box. All the steaks I have had from Angel food have been great but not these! The taste of the meat was OK but had A LOT of grissle!But it was nice, just the four of us. They had gotten the board game 'Don't forget the lyrics' and we played that.

My husband had to be at work at 2:30 so the afternoon was calm. I finished up my last minute ouse cleaning getting ready for the onlsot of people coming in for supper. Well, a small group compared to what some of you all have. I thought it was just going to be 6 of us but my nephew who never confirmed he was coming came in with his family! But that was OK. I guess I never really asked for a confirmation, just told him what time. But he has never came before.

Since we are having our big family Chirstmas on Jan 3rd, we had chicken tenders, steak fires, deviled eggs and Cherry delight. But it was good, lot of good family time. I didn't put the cat in my bedroom like I do at Christmas cause I thought it was just the 6. But she spazzed out when my nephews 11 year old boy came in and went into hiding.

So now they are all gone, my husband still at work and the cat is fine. The house is clean again. I have never used a deep fryer and bought one since I had all this stuff to deepfry. Now I have to figure out how to clean all the oil in the fryer so I can reuse it.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote