View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I think I was really hard on myself for the first 12 - 14 yrs, but I have given in to my reality over the last 3 or 4. I don't mean that in a "negative" way; more like I am finally A-OK/at peace with who I am and what I am capable of.

I don't even work any more Wiz, and sometimes I do virtually NOTHING all day. I'm still ok with it.

I bring home an income, as much as I did before, so I dare anyone to complain. I am entitled to do nothing, and my doctors, the government, my LTD company . . . they all agree.

I'm going to be a little sexist here, but I think SOME men can be VERY unfair about issues such as these, at the best of times. As a single mom, I raised my kids, worked full-time (with MS), did all the shopping and cooking, was up many nights with the kids when they were babies (and/or any of us were sick), took them to all their doctors appointments, did all the yard work, fed and played with the animals . . . EVERYTHING!!! I have run into many men who, when they work, think that is virtually ALL they have to do in a day.

I will cut them a little slack in that they just don't see the need for things to be as clean, or "fussy" as most women want them to be . . . and they probably have a point in that regard. I've learned (since the MS got worse), that it really isn't necessary to do a lot of things that I used to . . . so maybe we are too demanding sometimes too.

BUT, there are things that are NECESSARY, or can't be left "forever" . . . yet as long as a woman is going to do it, why should they bother? This is often when they throw the nasty comments at us . . . cause they don't "wanna" do it.

Frankly North American men are the WORST in my experience. I lived in New Zealand and OZ and they are WAY better there!!!

You have MS, you are working, and I'd almost be willing to BET you do far more than your share around the house too. Don't let him get to you.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (12-27-2008), CayoKay (12-26-2008), Curious (12-26-2008), Desinie (12-26-2008), ewizabeth (12-26-2008), Jules A (12-26-2008), Kitty (12-26-2008), SallyC (12-26-2008), soxmom (12-29-2008), weegot5kiz (12-26-2008)