View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you have alot of anxiety I'd also recommend inositol. This is very effective for this problem. Start at 500mg a day for a week and increase by 500mg a day up to about 1-3 gram.
You don't need the very high doses typically. 500mg a day may do it for you. Inositol combined with the taurine you take already, is very good for insulin sensitizing issues.

Mixtures really look good on paper, but it is rare to find one that is really effective for all the listed ingredients... Notice you must take 4 capsules to get what is listed on that label...

Also depression often responds to l-tryptophan, + some B6.
Tryptophan at night on an empty stomach 500mg will support synthesis of serotonin (and hence melatonin). L-tryptophan has now become available again.
Thanks mrsD, you really know a lot about supplements!

I've been thinking about trying Inositol and will probably order some this week.

FYI re: NeuroOptimizer, I only take 2 and feel a big difference.

re: Tryptophan - be very careful - if you are taking anti-depressants you should probably not take it. There is the possibility of Seratonin sydrome, especially if you take it along with SSRIs. In fact my Lexapro has a warning specifically about Tryptophan.

If I was NOT taking any depression meds however, I would definitely give
L-tryptophan or 5HTP a try before getting on meds.