View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 07:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If they work for you. You should see improvements in blood levels from them. But not all people do. Cyano is a synthetic product and some people cannot convert it well to active methyl form. Hence many here skip the shots and use methylcobalamin orally instead, daily.

You can try 5mg a day for a couple of months --take on an empty stomach-- and compare how you feel with the injections.

Also if you get a fasting INSULIN test, you will see if you are becoming insulin resistant. An elevated level means your blood sugars are not being absorbed well into the cells...hence the strange feelings, paresthesias. This test can be more predictive than fasting glucose. If your fasting insulin is elevated, then you need to begin supplements that improve insulin activity and change your diet somewhat.

B12, magnesium, and Vit D are typically common deficiencies in this country. Take care of those 3 and see how you feel then. Acid lowering drugs not only affect B12 absorption.
They also reduce calcium, magnesium, zinc, B12, folate and iron. Those are the only ones proven so far, but other things may be affected as well.

People who malabsorb nutrients may have gluten intolerance. Some people with MS type symptoms have been on the boards, and have improved with going gluten free. Our Gluten board here has many references in the stickeys...places to go to learn about the testing, and neurological symptoms that may point to gluten intolerance. Chronic GERD also may signal this problem. Your need for acid reducing drugs is problematic and may be a sign of it.
Thanks for the response MrsD. Are there shots of Methyl that work better than oral? I like the idea of instant w/the shots, my Dr says if you are intolerant b/c of gastric problems then shot is the way to go. What blood test should I have Dr order? I already had Vit d,b12,folate,homeocystine, potassium, calcium, sodium, (normal cbc and metabolic panel.)

They monitor the D and it is slowly coming up, but I just started on b12 10 days ago. Also, I have twitches in weird areas of my body. Like above my lip, or side of my palm. They are intermittent through the day but will usually last 3-4 days then go away. What vit deficiency is this? I heard that I need potassium, but blood level were fine.

Thanks!
ru2l8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote