View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hugs donut

["..another symptom that has been occurring since then is my right pupil is larger than my left, making my vision in the right eye much blurrier than the left..." [/QUOTE]

I am sorry about your recent concussion

I have to touch upon a couple of things, before I forget! I agree with Benjamin, about avoiding caffeine for a while. Sorry, Vini, not a personal attack against you . Many people with TBI's begin having migraine headaches and epilepsy. Caffeine has a negative effect on the brain and contributes to dehydration. Therefore, caffeine is a no-no until you've fully recuperated.

I'd certainly recommend that you either see a different neurologist or an internal medicine doctor to look into your symptoms more closely. Recurrent concussions certainly add up. The more concussions or TBI's you have, the risk of having another increases significantly. There was an article in Neurology Now (maybe 2 or 3 issues ago?) that discussed the impact that recurrent concussions have upon athletes. You can go to their site online, read the article, and request a subscription. It's free to consumers & is written by professionals. You ought to check it out.

The difference in pupil size is an indication of a TBI. Is there a significant difference in size? Also, how long has this effect been present?

I recommend bringing a neutral party. One who you see relatively often. Bring them with you to your doctor's appointment, to help. In order to feel better, you need to provide the doctor accurate descriptions of events, feelings, etc. You may or may not be able to do that. The doctors usually go into a spew of questions (which are very confusing!), and you may need help to get your experience/s across to the doctor.

Hope my insight helps a little bit. Best wishes
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote