View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb We had to do this once.

A program we had installed a new folder in Windows, which
duplicated one Windows already had. This caused our computer to crash all the time (freeze). What was happening is that the computer was going back and forth between the duplicate files.

An error message would come up on reboot with a # ..which we went on the net for, and found the exact same directions.

We did it and it worked. Only difference here is that your program knows this will happen, and is warning you in advance.

Gosh, I am trying to remember what the program was, but it was 3 yrs ago and I just cannot at the moment recall it.

I would venture to say....I would look at this program, before doing the procedure. Search for it on the web connected to installation problems. I'd do this myself, because like you, I get the creeps with some computer functions. I usually call my son, etc and he sighs alot. LOL

Many computer help forums are out there. I often find answers to my problems by searching them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-27-2008 at 08:36 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (12-27-2008), Koala77 (12-27-2008), who moi (12-27-2008)