View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hey Cricket!

Yep, it's smart to see your neuro and tell him whats going on.....I was the same way with my meds in the beginning.......it is really hard, but just take them and hope your neuro can give you something that will really help!!!!!

My speech was so bad that no one understood me (due to my weak nasal muscles) - I sounded drunk or stoned and I would weave when I walked - in fact, my son called me his "wobbly" mom...........

Hang in there girl! It will get better soon! Once you are on your meds, you'll feel 100% better!!!!!!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket001 View Post
No, not really...the double vision did stop..the blurry vision is still there...I have really been in denial....even going to the eye doctor to make sure that it is not my eye..he also confirmed the MG diagnosis...saying that it was my eye muscles....I guess I have been in denial because all the "MG" tests have been negative....I was so scared that it was MS.

I stopped taking the mestinon for about 3 weeks....hoping that all of this was stress and would just go away...but I have gotten worse since I stopped.. my balance is so bad and I have been avoiding social situations if I have to "talk"...I get nervous and my neck flushes so bad when I have to talk in a group or one-on-one with my boss....I talk, but I can't puncuate some words anymore..and it comes out mumbled sometimes... Why is this??

I have been back on the meds for a mestiton for about a week now..and while I have more energy...my eye and speech are really concerning me...Talking in my job is very important...I am worried! I am calling my neurologist on Monday...and explain my situation...I am really scared!