Thread: DSL questions
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:09 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
my guess is your bit/rate conversion will be pretty fast as far as checking out pages but whenever you have to download videos, it'll probably clock slower (probably around 15-80kpb/sec)

I love it when you talk dirty!!!

I'm still trying to figure out malware!!!!

lol
LMAO...you think that's dirty...wait til I get into the megahrtz...
LOL

one more thing about routers...like mrsD did...

please set it up so it is password protected and make sure your encryption is strong...

and try to make sure the setting is ON WPA or better (like WPA-Psk)

and this is probably the most important, IMHO, do NOT use the WEP setting...I can crack a WEP setting in about 3 minutes sitting across the street from you using something I've learnt from youtube and download something from a P2P place...(not that I've done it, well, I did it to ours in wep setting just to see if I could do it. LOL)

usually the initial login is "admin" and password is usually "password" then you just go in and change the settings as well as your password (don't forget to change the password. LOL)

if you have problems, contact the tech support...yes, I know what you're thinking but, hey, better tech support now than have your identity stolen, I say...LOL

some older routers might need a firmware update. So keep your eyes peeled for those firmware upgrades (usually at your initial log in, they'll ask you if you want to check for update)

these updates are IMPORTANT so don't neglect to update them, it'll keep your router run smoothly and avoid later headaches...

OK...I think that's all I know....

good luck!

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 12-27-2008 at 05:51 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-27-2008), MelodyL (12-27-2008), mrsD (12-27-2008), SandyC (12-27-2008)