View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Pete,

Sounds like it is majorly sucking for you right now. I'd hug ya but I don't want to hurt you any more than you already are!

I see you are in MA. How about a pain clinic? There's got to be one near you in Worcester, or maybe Dartmouth Hitchcock? Boston?

The very first thing I would do is find a new neuro. That one's gotta go. I'd fill his face with every article on MS and pain that I could find before I left, and advise him to do some CEH's soon. Get your records first before you take him out.

Then I would start the interview process all over. Take all your records from ALL your docs with you. Let them know that you ARE in pain, and that if they are not willing to help you to tell you now so you don't waste your time or theirs. Ask for referrals from everyone you know. Get some input from the NMSS.

I started with a good neuro and he moved. I had a good NP and she moved. It took a long time to find another neuro I could work with (4 different docs) but I found one and I am happy with him. I go to see another PCP next week to interview him. At this point I am using a rural healthcare clinic down at the end of my road, but they keep switching docs in and out of the clinic and I need someone who knows me and what I am going through. Good thing I am not sick very often!

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes. It IS frustrating, but in the end, it's worth the work you put in, cause you get a doc you can live with who actually HELPS YOU!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PJAMES (12-27-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (12-27-2008)