Thread: Charcot Foot
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Charcot Foot

It has been awhile since I posted because I really thought I was doing well. I agreed to try cymbalta and it has certainly made a difference. I have been able to cut back my neurontin from 2800mg a day to only 1200mg (a substantial decrease and it keeps me more awake during the day. I saw my Podiatrist two days before Christmas and asked her why my left foot was swollen. She felt my feet and noticed a temperature difference. She did xrays and said I had developed charcot's foot. Bummer. She gave me a boot (again) and told me I needed to stay off my feet and keep my left foot up.

Now this is two days before Christmas and the party is at my house. I managed to point and get everyone else to do the work. The doctor said my xray showed evidence of an impending fracture because my bones are disintegrating. She said my foot could collapse and surgery would be required.

I want to know if anyone knows anything else I can do. I take 400mg of calcium twice a day, I take vitamin D and magnesium. I don't know why the bones are disintegrating...well I do know that its the diabetes and the neuropathy. What else can I do to fix it?

The bad part is that my husband and I are both out of jobs and I can't find a job if I have to sit with my foot up and so far no one has agreed to pay the bills.

Dorothy
Dorothy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote