View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is just more for my understanding of where both of you sit, as far as your MS. I've had my disagreements with Cherie before, and maybe I'd be better about her stats if I knew her situation better.

And Chris, maybe you could address this also, so I understand where you come from.

I'll start with me. First symptom I can firmly state with MS was Feb. 2002. Wasn't dx'd until 2006. I was on Avonex a year (2006-2007), had more and enhanced lesions on first follow-up MRI, so went on Rebif for a year(2007-2008). No new lesions on 2nd MRI (I have them every year about March), so Rebif holding things at bay, but I was having trouble with itchiness and general fatigue. Started Ty in April 2008. Other than a half hour of chills after the infusion, rest of the time I'm super! Will have an MRI in March to see how those lesions look after a year on Ty.

I work full-time. I have a tingly left hand, get tired easily, bouts of vertigo off and on, but nothing that a little rest doesn't fix. I'm very busy, and manage to do most everything asked of me. I've learned to let little things go, but if I need to work hard, I can pace myself and get it done over time.

So now, Chris and Cherie, what DMDs have you been on/or not and why, do you work full-time, what kind of disability do you have, etc. Cherie, I know you smoked in the past, but I don't know if that is true now. Maybe the smoking helps MS???

Do you have MRIs yearly, or every two years. I know Cherie says she's had MS for 18 years. Does that mean you were dx'd 18 years ago?