View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I looked up your previous posts...

I have to say in order for you to know what will work for you, you have to do some homework and try some things.

1) B12 -- you need to be tested and know your number result.
This is easy to correct, and fixes alot of people.

2) You need to take some supplements to sensitize insulin so it will work better for you. Chromium picolinate, r-lipoic acid
are two that work for this. If you want to try these post, and I'll give you doses. Low blood sugar causes muscle twitching in most people. Low blood sugar results from poor insulin actions, and raised levels of insulin. You can have a fasting INSULIN test that will tell you more. In many ways this test is more accurate for insulin problems than fasting glucose.

3) Magnesium is very important to diabetics and prediabetics.
These patients lose it in the urine on a daily basis (not a normal thing), so you have to replace it. I have a huge magnesium thread on Vitamin forum explaining how much and which supplements work the best. Low magnesium levels give twitching and other odd paresthesias as a symptom.

4) Diabetics also lose inositol daily thru the urine. Inositol is very important for insulin resistance. In fact a new form called d-chiro inositol is working for many people. (expensive tho).
Regular inositol works in higher doses and is very easy to take and important for other metabolic improvements (cholesterol).

5) Low Vit D is becoming an epidemic in this country. Doctors are testing for this now, and I suggest you have yours tested.
We have a poster here Mark, whose PN improved with Vit D treatment.

6) Curcumin-- this is the active ingredient in Tumeric, the spice. There has been alot of data coming out that this herb is very good for inflammation. It has shown benefits equal to Lipitor for preventing endothelial damage (lining of blood vessels). It is showing anti-inflammatory actions for Parkinson's patients to reduce progression for them. It has shown anti-inflammatory benefits for those with
arthritis and tendonitis. It helps people with GI inflammation too. The better versions of it
are better absorbed. There is one called Curcu-Gel, at www.epic4health.com that has shown 8 times the absorption of regular curcumin. Also there are forms with Bioperine in them, at various suppliers like iherb.com that are better. Taking plain curcumin with an oil, like fish oil, or with a meal with fat in it will help it work better too. I find this exciting myself...this is new data, and have been taking it for over month myself. I have been able to stop my SAMe during this time, which is a first. (arthritis and pain relief). The Curcu-gel claims to have 13,000 ORAC units...this is a very high antioxidant level and very important as we age.
example:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18403477

These are the first most important things you can try to improve your comfort levels, and help heal hopefully.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-28-2008 at 10:57 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Adastra (01-06-2009), Monica de Lara (12-30-2008)