View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation Yeah... I've had other close car encounters...

My 10yr old Ford Windstar, was the one that almost got brained by that lampost!

3 summers ago I was driving home on vacation, and unbeknownst to me my brake lines had ruptured and were leaking. I had the 3 cats with me (husband was following later) and I decided to drive right thru... all day with no stops, for them.

When I got home I parked in front, and unloaded etc. An hour later I decided to go get some food for hubby, who was due soon, and I was backing out, and had NO BRAKES! Pedal went right to the floor. It was getting dark, and it was rainey, so I couldn't see anything in the road. So I creeped back (3 houses) and pumped a few times to stop. I opened the hood and the container was full.

We waited til the next day, and I drove hubby's car to the store, and followed my "trail" of brake fluid quite a ways!
It was total luck I didn't have some horrible accident, or was stranded someplace with 3 cats, on a Sunday on a freeway!

We talked alot about MY guardian angel that day, and also the 3 CAT guardian angels who helped all of us!
I've never had brake lines do that in any other car we've had...so I won't ever buy FORD again!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-28-2008)