View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0357 View Post
I have had past drugs that didn't allow me sleep and made me manic. I'm now afraid of LDN for that reason and my bp and having two past mini-strokes because of my bp which started after the MS dx. I was put on bp medication at age 32.

BTW, I was told by my psychiatrist that people with MS are twice as likely to become bipolar than the general population.

Thanks for the information and for caring.

Stac[/SIZE]
I understand your concerns, Stacy.

Admittedly, many people report some difficulty sleeping in the early days of starting on LDN, BUT for some reason that doesn't seem to mess us up.

I am not bipolar, but I needed a TON of sleep pre-LDN. There were many days that I slept for 20 out of 24 hours, until I got on it. Most days now, I survive and prosper on much less sleep than I ever got for years prior to going on this drug.

The first night I only slept about 3 hours, but I felt GREAT the next day. I hadn't felt "GREAT" in years, no matter how much I slept!!

One good thing about LDN, for anyone to know who might want to try it, is that it goes out of your system in about 18 hours. Hence, any side-effect someone might get from using it (and they are usually VERY mild) . . . by the day after stopping, all is back to "normal".

BTW, if the rate of bipolar is 1%, that still means only 2% (twice as many) of PwMS get it. I've heard the same thing; double.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
0357 (12-29-2008), Desinie (12-29-2008), Lady (12-31-2008), SallyC (12-28-2008)