View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i can also help folks witht hier computer related problems. i do this a lot with the folks who have cognitive issues with thier ms.

most of the time i show them by doing a remote connection to their computers and walk them through things.

i have been doing computer tech support for a long time. and been doing it before we had the internet and were using bbs's.

melody its nice that you wish to learn. sometimes computers are just computers.

had you removed the viri originally and had a complete clean of your system then they wouldnt be coming back over and over again.

many sites we goto will plant cookies on our systems. and those cookies can be recognised by some spyware scanners,

i use the hijack this log all the time with my clients. i am very aware of the computers system registry and where to clean viri from.

with castle cops closing down its sad and now trend is taking over hijack this as the program.

majorgeeks is a great website for technicians to hang out in also.

dont be afraid of your computer and or damaging in. thats the only way to learn. if your husband shares your computer with you then i suggest you get another system or you both come to terms with surfing habbits,

take a step back.... breath. and retrace your steps.

you can after doing a restore point go back to a later restore point as well.

the biggest thing i run into with peoples pcs when i do a job and have to goto thier house and or a remote desktop and folks tell me i idid all my removal tools but the same thing keeps showing up is this,

if you dont turn off a system restore point once in a while then anything that your computer catches will stay in that area even if the virus scan says it cleaned it. you must turn off system rresotre. clean your system, defrag it, and then turn it back on after wards.

i hope that helps.

roger.
XISLED is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote