View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Evonne,
I agree with John, I donot think you made a mistake. A few months after PD diagnosis, I chose to be open about it with friends, family, colleagues who I interact with and my boss too. That decision decreased my anxiety. I could be myself, a bit slow or slight tremor or whatever I was experiencing that moment.

Its 5 years now after my diagnosis, my symptoms are more visible and I am dependent on meds. I recently changed my job, I did tell my boss about PD and that I am on medication, but after the interview and when he informally offered the job.

Just as John said, I donot make a big deal out of it, do not ask for any special treatment and go on with my business as usual, well a bit slow these days. it is 5 months since I started my new job and two weeks ago my boss brings me a brochure on nutritional supplements for PD which his neighbor is marketing. Thats all the talk about PD at work.

Being open and honest about PD helped a lot at work, mainly because I donot have to put up a front and i can be myself. My work keeps me active, engaged and keeps my brain functional!! Got to protect those few neurons left in there!!

Girija

girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote