View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know pt made me a little "better" the first time round. I say that only because I had pool pt which enabled me to walk on my own again. The 2nd time in they discharged me before I'd had all my sessions because I was getting much worse. I had no meds or anything and my pain was totally out of control. Each session the pain lasted longer and was more intense. I've spoken to many who say it also made them worse as well. Too many pt's push us too hard and too far. You just can't do that!!! With rsd, the old saying of "no pain, no gain" does NOT apply to us! Why they don't "get it" I don't know but they don't and probably never will. They'd understand if they got rsd themselves.

As for pt "curing" rsd that's a bunch of bull hockey!! There is no "cure" for rsd and IMO aggressive pt, such as what they've done and want to do to you, is so very, very wrong!! The approach needed for us is slow and easy. Just walking round the house is good "pt". Playing with clay is good pt for the arms and hands. It's done the trick for me all these years and I'd never go back to pt for anything!

As for casting. I don't see that it'll do anything beneficial for you at all. I think, as you already stated, that it'll make the dystonia worse again and I also worry that what if it gets worse and doesn't calm down? That is what I worry about for you. You're doing so well at this point and doing your own "pt" at home is IMO better than anything they can "claim" to do.

Know my thoughts are with you always!

Big Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (12-29-2008)