View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSLady View Post
Has anyone on this board ever been diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis, or know someone who has the same? Hepatitis literally means swelling of the liver, therefore my diagnosis means that my immune system is attacking my liver. I would be interested to hear from anyone who might have any information on this disease!
KSLady:
Hi Kslady,
I was diagnosed 5 years ago with AIH. Believe me it is a long and uphill road to find treatment. It is swelling of the liver and it is the attack of your own immune system on your liver. I am just now being put back on steriods along with azathioprine to get me to a new Normal lft rating. Two weeks ago I had a liver biopsy my second in 5 years. It showed swelling of my liver even though my lft's are normal. SO we are doing a different treatment and hopefully will put me at a new normal. Crazy isn't it, just can't seem to find a right place with this disease. Please make sure you have a great primary Dr. and a great Gastro dr. I also see the top hepatology Dr at Brigham and Women's in BOston to be sure that all we are doing is good for me. Be well and I will try to the best of my ability to answer any questions you might have. Hope to hear from you.
Annie
annie63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote