View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to our forum Dhaynes!! Stick aound and I am sure you will get plenty of helpful advice! Something you can do for your brother is to stay sober yourself... go to meetings for the support...you may also benefit greatly from Alanon as well. When I got sober 8 years ago I had to make it my life...I went to alot of meetings, got a sponser, and put my all into it because I no longer wanted to live my life the way I was living it. I cannot begin to explain to you in words how wonderful my life is now. I was not living before...now I have a life...it is not perfect...but it is not supposed to be!! The best thing about my life now is that people matter to me. I was not able to truly love anyone else before...I could not because my addiction was more important than anything else. Now...I love my family..I love my friends....I love my Hubby and all of our children...I love my granddaughter deeply...everything I do revolves around the love I have for them. I am important in my life but they truly do matter to me now and I would not trade that for an amount of booze.
PLEASE go to some meetings...ask for help and it will be there for you...this life is the only one you have..start living it...I promise you you will not regret it!!!! All the best to you!

LOVE DORRIE!!