View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention I quit smoking!!!

I did it!! Yesterday I smoked my last smoke at 1:00pm. I went to the sore...bought the patch and slapped it on!!! Hubby quit almost a year ago so I have some good support. I am doing great with the exception of a few moments today when I was multi tasking and got overwhelmed and lost it....I was angry and sobbong at the same time. I just went loopy!! It was about 1/2 hour from the time I was to put my next patch on when it happened...I was so upset I said "I need a smoke!!!" Then in the same breath I said "God please help me I want to be a non smoker so bad and do not want to have to go thru this again later if I do smoke now." I continued crying for a bit but calmed down and reached for my arm to feel the patch for some reason....Well...it had fell off!!! No wonder I was so nutty...I remember picking up this clear plastic thing thinking it was the backing off the patch so I thru it in the garbage....WRONG...it WAS the patch.....that was 6 hours earlier!!!!!!!!!! I held it together...slapped another patch on and laid down while hubby gave me a relaxing footrub!!! I felt better in no time!!! I hung in there and I am so gld that I did. I want a smoke every time I turn around..out of habit... but as hubby told me to do I keep reminding myself that I am a non smoker and I do not smoke anymore...between the patch and talking to myself I am doing just fine.
My plan was to quit on Saffires b-day on the 7th of January but I decided it was time yesterday...so I went for it!
Wish me luck...I cannot wait to breathe easier and smell purttier too!!!!!!!!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-18-2009), Curious (12-30-2008), DM (01-08-2009), GladysD (12-31-2008), Jomar (12-30-2008), Twinkletoes (12-29-2008), Vowel Lady (01-14-2009)