View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

Charles R. Anderson

Charles R. Anderson, age 67 passed away peacefully on Friday afternoon December 26, 2008 at Aurora Medical Center with his family by his side. He was born March 8, 1941 in Dodgeville, WI in Iowa County, the son of the late Harold E. and Luetta E. (Hitchcock) Anderson. On January 12, 1963 he was united in marriage to Judy A. Nitz.

He was in the United States Navy as well as a retiree of Rockwell International after 30 years. Upon his retirement he snowplowed and performed yard work for several residents in the area. He also delivered The Northwestern to residents in the Larsen, Butte des Morts, Winneconne and Wichester areas. He was a member of the Oshkosh Elks Club as well as Ducks Unlimited. He was an avid bowler, hunter and fisherman. He loved gardening of both vegetables and flowers. His grandchildren's sports and activities fulfilled his days.

He will be sorrowfully missed by his wife Judy Anderson of Oshkosh, four daughters, Linda Davis of Berlin, Carla Anderson (Troy Lind), Julie (Bruce) Gutsmiedl and Marsha (Ron) O'Bright of Oshkosh, nine grandchildren, Sean Davis (fiance' Nikki Smith), Jennifer Davis (fiance' John Bretzel), Aaron Davis, Garet and Sean Anderson-Lind, Kayla and Carissa Gutsmiedl, and Stefanie and Tiffany O'Bright. Two great grandchildren, Korbin Smith and Skylar Davis, three sisters Carol (Dallas) Vandermuse of Green Bay, Susan Nafzger of Appleton and Judy Nafzger of Fond du Lac as well as extended family and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents.

A commemorative service will be held at noon on Tuesday December 30, 2008 at St. John's Lutheran Church, 808 N. Main St. in Oshkosh with Pastor Ted Johanson officiating. Visitation will be held prior to the service at the church from 10 a.m. until the hour of service.

In Lieu of flowers please direct memorials to the ALS Association Wisconsin Chapter (Lou Gehrig's) and to the American Diabetes Association have been established.

Gone Away An Angel whispered take my hand and come with me your work here is done. I went away to a place where there are no tears, nor sorrow only laughter and smiles, there will always be a tomorrow. As I move amongst the clouds, I'll look down and smile upon you while the angels sing a heavenly song. I am not alone All who went before are here They awaited my arrival. I know you'll grieve and wish I was still here I am here in memories you hold dear. Remember how much I love you and know I took your love with me. I did not wish for you to cry, nor feel sad. My pain is gone and I am free! Soon you'll come to me. Until then, God will be with you just as He's with me.

Fiss & Bills

Funeral Home

865 S. Westhaven Drive

920-235-1170

www.FissBillsPoklasny.

com

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote