Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I just sent this letter to them

via the comments section:

Quote:
I have to protest this petition vehemently. I have been using P-5-P for over a decade myself, and also I am aware of people who do very well on it, with absolutely no side effects. The people in US who have pyroluria (confirmed by testing) are dependent on P-5-P to minimize their symptoms. Some people cannot convert pyridoxine to P5P in vivo because of of pyridoxal kinase errors either genetic or drug induced.

It is basically criminal to withhold nutrients from the public who desperately need them.
Merck tried to control methylfolate, and we have seen Cholestin removed by Merck, and l-tryptophan persecuted in the past as well. At least now, methylfolate is back OTC, by Solgar, and some Red yeast rice is back, as well as tryptophan.

Blocking P-5-P OTC is a financial only move by Medicure. Please represent this nation, and not only Big Pharma so that the citizens of this country can continue to choose how to maintain health and prevent their own diseases.
I do agree that the supplement trade has abuses within it, by greedy characters who adulterate products. Please confine your attention to THEM, and not the general public by withholding useful products like P-5-P. The drug industry is really in trouble...4th leading cause of death in this country is due to RX drugs. We don't see supplement deaths on National statistics this way. Drug companies have abused the public long enough. Ghostwriting, withholding of negative studies, blatent study abuses, misleading doctors by drug salespeople, etc. Let's pay more attention to THAT...PLEASE.

Thank you.
(professional information deleted for this post)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote