View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Kathi

You mentioned that you have OA all over. There is some link with 2D6 and ankylosing spondylitis. They can't say it is causal, but there are links. Parkinson's is also somehow linked.

I have gotten myself down to 2 meds, one is a 2D6, but I take very little, and it takes the edge of pain.

Anesthetics don't work on me. SSRIs cause movement disorders and autonomic meltdowns. Tricyclics the same thing. Allergy pills, ditto.

I did some genealogy and one quarter is utterly Swedish back to 1300 where things kind of stop and I think or am pretty sure, that side is indigenous or what could be called Sami. I can't prove it though. Interestingly, they have a high incidence of spondyloarthropathies, and also 2D6 issues in Sweden. The other quarter is British, and way back to 1600's in this country....again, same names appear over and over the generations. The other side is mutt, which is good.

Insurance won't pay for the genetic testing. It runs 600-1300$. I may have it done. One caveat, every day they find new stuff and not all mutations are discovered. There is not one drug in the 2D6 that I don't have pretty big issues with, so I would be surprised if they did not find a mutation in me.

I am tired of arguing about SSRIs and how good they are for me! Unfortunately, a lot of cancer drugs are in this group too, as is the Alzheimer's drug, and the Zofran I had a reaction to recently. As soon as I tell my GI I had a reaction, he orders more! It goes down the toilet and I tell him, again, I can't take that, and it goes in my chart as an allergy. The Zofran (ondasetron) was a doozy reaction. They pass this drug off as the safest drug on earth. It is an SSRI...

I thought I would die from Tramadol.

Anyway, check out the spondylarthopathies, interesting group of diseases....not related to PN from what I read, but you never know what will crop up in the future.

Mother Nature is going to have to cure me.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote