View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

((((suzanne))))

the people with hospice care are very very understanding. they really do know that other things in life when there is illness, are way more important that house cleaning.

i haven't personally had experiences with anyone going through what you and your husband are. my brother passed from cancer. he was at home with us.

being blessed to be with somebody you love so much in the end is hard to describe. i was very close in age with my brother.

one thing we did was let him be in charge. it was his life that was ending. who he wanted in the room....what he ate..or not ate. my brother had the most awesome sense of humor. he wanted a cherry coke slurpy. my mother was mortified. she said "you are going to get sick". he said" well it ain't gonna kill me".

making peace with their life and those who are in it very important. and very important for those being left behind.

with all the pain meds that are given at that time, hallucinations are common. my brother had no bad ones. it really helped him on his journey. us too.

body systems start shutting down one by one. if you have hospice they will help with this. our hospice nurse for some reason showed up the day he came home...and not again until afterwards. i'm not sure why. i think she thought that me and my sisters could handle it. it was best for my brother. he hadn't gotten to meet this nurse beforehand. i absolutly reccomend that. and i don't reccomend you try and do any of that type of caring. those are not the memeories you will want.

my brother delegated roles to my sisters and i. me being his little sister...i was there for his emotional comfort. and he giving me comfort. his death was devestating for me. 2 of my sisters were more of his carers. one sister coudn't handle being there towards the end. i was blessed to be on the bed with my brother holding him. i breathed in his last breath.

yikes..sorry...i didn't realize this had gotten so long. just remember hon, we are here for you.

post when you can hon. we understand about the pain. let us know how his dr's appointment goes.

my prayers for you both

Curious

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote