View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I decided it was okay to splurge

Normally I'm a hamburger kinda gal...But the County (that I work for) gave us a <$25 gift certificate to use on a turkey, ham or roast. Well, I've had enough turkey and ham lately, so I bought my first ever Prime Rib Roast!!! It was huge and the $25 didn't even pay for half of it.

And then I saw the crab legs. I've never cooked crab legs. I don't even know how to crack them (so I never order them at a restaurant). I bought some and my son steamed them. Yum!

(Hey, MelodyL: why don't you do a video showing us how to crack crab legs?)

Plus, he brought some shrimp and make shrimp scampi. I finally decided I was just in the way, so I went and sat down at the table and just waited. There were about a dozen of us that ate and ate until we couldn't stuff anymore in.

Then we got out the robes and doll and had the grandkids act out the Nativity Scene while Grandpa (DH) read from Luke 2.

And then we gave out the gifts, which was framed family pictures that we had taken during Thanksgiving. Did you know that frames cost nearly as much as pictures???

Whew! No wonder I'm tired! And broke.

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for leaving nice messages on my profile page -- can't respond to them individually, but thanks so much!

Thanks, Legzz -- nice thread.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4boysmom (12-30-2008)