Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshayleesmom View Post
Hi everyone

I think dd(8) has the chicken pox... its been going around her classroom for the last two weeks.

Well today she said she had a "pimple" under her chin.
Well i looked and it looks like a blister and has a tiny red dot in the centre.

She only has one so far but has been feeling unwell for a bit.

I thought that when you get them that you usually don't start out with just one.

I've "googled" what they look like and it seems to be what she has.

My teenaged boys have never had them.. my mom can't remember if i've had them and hubby doesn't remember getting them either...

So it may prove to be a very interesting christmas.

Any tips if it does turn out to be them?

I feel itchy just thinking about it.

Cindy
Besides feeking unwell, does she have a fever. I remember when my son was 13. He had been exposed MANY times as a younger kid but never caught it.

then one day he was lying down on couch and it was like the stuffing was knocked out of him. He said "I feel horrible". He felt hot. I saw the back of his neck had all these blistery things.

Since our doctor was 4 blocks away, I marched him over there. It was like getting a mack truck to walk. He was so weak. I really had no clue what was wrong.

You should have seen the look on my face when the doctor said "chicken pox". I just looked at him and said "that's ridiculous, he's 13 years old".

He said "It's chicken pox". "nothing you can do, it has to run the course, keep him in a quiet room, give acetominophen, and fluids". I made lots of chicken soup during that time.

It ran it's course.

I never knew a 13 year old could get it. I thought only little kids got it.

Live and Learn.

Hope she feels better.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
misshayleesmom (01-09-2009)