Thread: Symptoms of MS?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dermatomyositis

I was diagnosed with dermatomyositis in aug of 2005

I have those feelings you described and go through periods where it is quite pronounced. I got checked out for MS included an MRI, the results from which triggered a lumbar puncture.

But I fortunately, was not diagnosed with MS. With the dermatomyositis diagnosis comes much cancer screening. So far, so good. so it is an annoyance and very unnerving, but take heart! It MAY just be one of those things!

oak1day

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherphillips View Post
About a year ago I suddenly started getting strange parasthesias - I woke up in the night to find my hands numb and tingly, when I shook them I got normal feeling back but then it came back again (the tingling). It also started happening in my feet. I freaked out - but had been backpacking for the previous 6 weeks and my doc said it was a pinched nerve from my pack and it would go away. It has certainly died down - I dont get it randomly any more - I am still very sensitive to pinched nerve sensations, about 50 times a day I seem to get myself into some position that I have to switch to get rid of a tingling sensation in my fee, calves, hands, shoulders, back or neck.

My doctor is now sending me for a brain MRI and cervical spine scan. I am really worried its a brain or spine tumor, or MS. My family is telling me to stay calm, as the parasthesia always goes away when I move or change position (suggesting Im just pinching about 100 nerves all the time). Im worried now that other symptoms I have which I thought were unrelated - irritable bowel symdrome, recurrent UTIs, and constant fatigue - are associated with this.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Does this - bilateral frequent pins and needles - sound like MS/cancer? Just want to prepare myself for bad news!
oak1day is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote